11.08.17Lucky Clays Fresh mentioned in NY Times article
05.16.15Greenhouse Manager to teach at Stanly Community College
02.10.15UNC-TV’s North Carolina Science Now Features Lucky Clays Fresh
02.02.15Lucky Clays Fresh Announces Continued Sponsorship for A Big Heart Foundation’s Annual Toys for Tots Golf Tournament
November 5, 2014
The Upper PeeDee Farm and Food Council is sponsoring its 2014 Farm and Food Fest for the Charlotte region on Saturday, November 8, 2014, 8:45am – 3pm, at the renowned Lucky Clays Farm located near Norwood, NC in southern Stanly County.
This day-long event will have workshops with expert panelists from around the state, and an information-packed plenary session with two speakers on “Local Food Is Here to Stay.” (See our www.upffc.org website for more information.) In addition, you will enjoy delicious locally-grown food, catered by the Charlotte region’s renowned ROOTS. ROOTS is dedicated to cooking, purveying and educating the Charlotte region on local food in the Carolinas. They do this by operating their local centric gourmet food trucks, teaching cooking classes, and catering weddings and special events around the region with only the freshest, locally-sourced ingredients.
Local farms, such as The Naked Pig, Bountiful Harvest Farm, and Lucky Clays Fresh, will be contributing to the special food fest. UPFFC worked with ROOTS to develop a menu from the farms’ expected summer and fall harvests. Here is a sample of what attendees can expect:
- Crispy Fried Tilapia Sandwich with Spiced Apple Kale Slaw
- Roasted Pumpkin Soup with Ginger Marshmallow
- Roasted Vegetable Wraps with Honey Candied Pecans
- Herb Crusted Steak Sandwich with Chipotle Raspberry (or any kind of berry preserve) Aioli and Lettuce
- Mini Chicken “Kebabs” – Seasoned Ground Chicken with Julienne of Cabbage, Fresh Tomato, and Cucumber with Lemon Yogurt Sauce in a Warm Pita
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Saigon Cinnamon, Honey and Cayenne
- Grilled Broccoli Salad with House Cured Bacon, Dried Muscadine and Red Onion
- Cornmeal Crusted Fried Green Tomatoes with Piccadilly Relish and Smoked Cream Sauce
You must pre-register for the 2014 Farm and Food Fest. Purchase tickets at www.upffc.org. Tickets will be available until October 31. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Shannon Johnson at (704) 984-9415.